Eastern Connecticut State University
Office of
Fiscal Affairs
Text Only Version
Eastern's Home Page

Travel Policies and Procedures

Travel Authorization

An approved Travel Authorization is required for:

a. out-of-state travel at “no cost to the University”. Appropriate auto insurance must be on file in the Travel Office if using a personally owned vehicle (see page 4).

b. all out-of-state and foreign travel.

c. in-state travel involving any non-mileage expense greater than $50.00 per trip.

An approved Travel Authorization should be submitted to the Travel Office at least two (2) weeks prior to travel. Failure to submit an approved Travel Authorization at least two (2) weeks prior to travel will mean that the travel office may be unable to render advances or prepayments as requested.

A Travel Authorization received in the Travel Office after the travel has begun may not be acceptable. The reasons for the late submission must be documented on the Policy Exception Request form (Exhibit F) and approved by the traveler’s supervisor, and will be taken into consideration by the Travel Office, which will consult with the Vice President/Vice Chancellor of Finance & administration or Chief Financial Officer or designee on a case-by-case basis.

For in-state travel which is mileage only, or non-mileage in-state travel in an amount of $50.00 per trip or less, the submission of a Travel Reimbursement form approved by department head, along with a filed insurance document (if travel is by privately owned automobile) is sufficient proof that the individual is on State Business and prior written authorization is unnecessary.

It is the responsibility of the traveler to ensure that appropriate coverage arrangements have been made where needed (i.e. for classroom coverage, etc.).

<  Previous   |   Next  >