|The following outline provides a step-by-step reference guide for all employees who are required to travel while performing services on behalf of the University. Please keep this fact sheet handy when planning your next travel event. Travel Desk: ext. 55392, 54794
|ECSU Travel Forms:
- CSUFRS-30 Travel Authorization Form (TA) is used for Out-of-State and International travel, as well as In-State travel expense reimbursements over $50.00 (exclusive of mileage).
- ECSU-17XP, CSU Reimbursement Form is used for in-State mileage reimbursements and other miscellaneous travel related expenses over $50.00, and for the reimbursement of expenses claimed on a TA following the completion of a trip.
|The XP must
contain the payee’s signature and amount of reimbursement requested.
Indicate the purpose of the trip and the amount of reimbursement expected.
||The TA form
requires the same information as the XP. Even travel events that are
no cost to the State require the completion of a TA form. Please inquire
with the travel desk regarding TA processing while on sabbatical.
Banner Index, travel date/s, and the “From” and “To” locations.
TA to the Travel Office two (2) weeks prior to departure. Upon receipt
of the form, the Travel Office will assign a TA number.
mileage: Multiply the
number of miles driven by the prevailing mileage rate
(.560). Attach a MAPQUEST search to verify the distance. Subtract
normal commute (mileage from the employee’s home to ECSU) to arrive
at total reimbursable amount
advance payments must be over $100.00 and are to be included
on the TA. The traveler will receive 80% of the requested amount
three (3) days prior to departure.
|The form must
be signed by the authorizing agent, i.e. budget authority, department
arrangements can be made through SANDITZ 1-800-858-4456, or can be
made personally by the employee. Travelers are encouraged to negotiate
for the best pricing available. Attach e-ticket confirms, and all
other supporting documents when submitting TA to the Travel Office.
Remember that proof of employee’s auto insurance coverage must be
on file for car rentals prior
page from the employee’s auto insurance reflecting State required
coverage of 50,000/100,000 must be on file prior to travel.
fees, conference fees will be prepaid with the submission of appropriate
documentation. Include the vendor’s Tax ID number and mailing address.
XP must be submitted to the Travel Office within thirty (30) days
after the end of the month.
parking permits are available upon request.
|When your trip is completed:
- Submit a completed XP no longer than 15 business days after your return when an advance has been provided, or 30 days after you return when no advance was provided along with all supporting documents. These documents may include but are not limited to: lodging, transportation and meal receipts (if using per diem method go to U.S. General Services for current domestic and international rates).
- If applicable,
international travel reimbursements should list the monetary exchange
rate for the last
day of travel. Use the Currency
- Reimbursements are expedited once paperwork is reviewed and authorized by the Travel Office supervisor.
- Alcohol is not reimbursable.
- If you need to revise your TA because costs have increased by more than 10%, or funding sources have changed, authorizing signatures must be in place and the TA marked “Revision”.
- Refer to the CSU Travel Policies & Procedures for additional policy details.