ECSU Science Building Inventory
|Authorized Users Only|
| Safety Notice For On-Campus Students and Staff
Campus Fire Safety Right to Know Report
To provide comprehensive environmental health and safety services for the University community to include faculty, staff and students. This will be accomplished by developing and administering effective policies and procedures that prevent personal injuries and maintain regulatory compliance.
Live Burn Video
Have you ever wondered how fast a typical dorm room will burn?
Would you be surprised if it takes less than 3 minutes?
Eastern Connecticut State University received funding from a Homeland Security-Fire Prevention and Safety Grant to construct an average dorm room, filled with typical furnishings and lit it on fire on September 21, 2006. The following video shows how fast this room burned. In addition to the live burn, there were also several other fire safety activities on this day.
- Department of Homeland Security
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Environmental Protection Agency (US)
- Environmental Protection Agency (NE)
- High Rise / Geothermal Energy System EPA article
- Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection
- Connecticut Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health