Connecticut Review has been published twice each year since 1967 by the Connecticut State University System—superseded by Connecticut State Universities from the Spring 2012 issue—as a public service contribution to the national literary and intellectual discourse. Each issue of the journal is in perfect bound 6 x 9 format and contains poetry, fiction, short essays, scholarly articles, and fine artwork. The journal publishes the best in contemporary literature and essays. The selection process focuses on bringing to general readers cutting-edge work that is both thought provoking and accessible. For information about submission and subscription see our web site:www.easternct.edu/ctreview/
Submitting Work to Connecticut Review
Connecticut Review invites submission of original poetry, fiction, translations, essays, interviews, academic articles of general interest, artwork, and photography.
- Only hard-copy submissions with SASE are acceptable.
- Work must be previously unpublished, preferably no longer than 4,000 words.
- Submit two copies of each piece on 8.5 x 11 papers, in MLA style when appropriate.
- The first page of each submission should include the author’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail address in the upper left corner.
- A poet should submit no more than five poems.
- Translation must be accompanied by appropriate written permission from the author or publisher.
- Photography and artwork should be submitted digitally in either a USB or a rewritable DVD, with clear indication of the title, date of composition, size of the original, medium, and contact information of the artist. Work with vertical orientation is preferred.
- Each submission must be accompanied by a brief autobiographical statement.
- Manuscripts will be recycled. Mail without a return address on the outside envelope will not be opened.
- Connecticut Review will return any work postmarked between May 15 and September 1.
Send all submissions labeled by genre to:
Southern Connecticut State University
501 Crescent Street
New Haven, CT 06515