DSST exams were developed for military
personnel but are now open to the general public. Exams are offered
in a variety of areas including various aspects of business, subjects
within social sciences, physical science, and humanities as well as
What are some of the advantages of taking DSST exams? You can:
- Test out of courses.
- Get credit for what you already know.
- Shorten the time to a degree.
- Save tuition dollars, if passed, and gives you 3 college credits!
are given at Eastern's Groton Center once a month. Contact the School
of Continuing Education at 465-5125 or stop by the Continuing Education office in Shafer Hall, Room 100 (Main Campus - Willimantic, CT)
to pick up a DSST packet.
Groton DSST Test Center #9533
Due to the administration of DSST exams on computers, there are a limited number of spaces available for each test date. You are advised to register as early as possible.
To register for a DSST exam, you must:
- Complete the registration form.
- Return it with a check, money order, or credit card (Eastern accepts only MasterCard, Visa, and Discover for DSST registration fee), made payable to "ECSU" for a non-refundable registration fee of $40.00 for an Eastern student and $60.00 for a non-Eastern student. There is a surcharge for returned checks.
- DSST exam fee is $80.00, payable on the day of the exam by credit card only. (DSST accepts only MasterCard, Visa, and American Express).
- After your application is received, a letter confirming the date and time will be emailed to you.
Please Note: If you do not receive a score on the DSST test that will enable you to obtain credit for the course you must wait three months (90 days) in order to retake the same test.
You will be allowed to reschedule only ONCE for the next available date. Failure to reschedule and/or appear for your scheduled test will require you to re-register and again pay the non-refundable registration fee. The deadline for rescheduling your exam is TWO WEEKS before the examination date. The office wants to be able to offer your space to another student if you decide to reschedule.
You may register for only one DSST exam per test date. Please call us at (860) 465-5125 or toll-free (877) 353-3278 with any questions.
Mail application and payment to:
School of Continuing Education
Eastern Connecticut State University
83 Windham Street
Shafer Hall, Room 100
Willimantic, CT 06226-2295
You may also download the DSST Registration Form (PDF) and the Credit Card Authorization Form (PDF). (Adobe Acrobat Reader required)
If paying by credit card, you may fax both the registration form and the credit card authorization form to (860) 465-0062
DSST Exam Listing.
The following link will take you to a page containing the DSST exams offered by Eastern Connecticut State University.
DSST Exam Dates.
The following link will take you to a page containing the DSST exam dates offered by Eastern Connecticut State University.
Visit the DSST website at http://www.getcollegecredit.com