| Gain a Professional Edge: The SHRM Learning System® Course
Let us guide you to your HR certification goal.
If you’ve been thinking about HR certification, let us help you achieve your goal. Our experienced instructors focus on critical exam content. And, our structured classroom environment keeps you on track and improves retention.
This intensive 12 week program offered by Eastern Connecticut State University is designed primarily for individuals seeking the most sought-after HR certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®).
Assess. Study. Discuss. Succeed.
As an added advantage, we use the newly updated 2013 SHRM Learning System. It features up-to-date content and advanced tools that streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the PHR or SPHR exam.
By attending our course, you’ll benefit from:
- An experienced, certified instructor
- The SHRM Learning System, ranked the #1 certification prep tool.
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
Year after year, professionals who use the SHRM Learning System to prepare for the PHR or SPHR exam consistently beat the national pass rate.
HR Certification Institute’s PHR/SPHR Exam Window
Our course is designed to prepare HR professionals sitting for the PHR or SPHR exams. The next test window is TBD.
Why Enroll in Our Course?
Year after year, professionals who use the SHRM Learning System consistently beat the national pass rate forthe PHR or SPHR exam. Our expert classroom instruction provides a better flow of information and a more enjoyable and effective learning experience saving you time and keeping you motivated.
By enrolling in this course, you will receive the added benefits of practice tests - more than 1,000 questions for continually testing knowledge and comprehension.
This course utilizes the new 2013 SHRM Learning System which features up-to-date study materials and the latest technology, including SmartStudy tools, learning modules in print or e-reader formats and extensive multi-media online resources accessible via mobile devices. Thousands of HR professionals have used the SHRM Learning System to earn their certification.
Click here for more detailed information about the advanced features of the SHRM Learning System.
Who Should Enroll In This Course?
Our Human Resource certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking a PHR or SPHR certification.
Advancing your career
For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist point of view, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core competencies and increase productivity.
The most up-to-date learning modules. The SHRM Learning System includes six modules covering the entire HR Certification Institute body of knowledge so you'll learn everything you need for the PHR or SPHR exam. Modules were updated to reflect the new HR practice and legislation in the HR Certification Institute's body of knowledge and are available in print and e-reader formats.
- Business Management and Strategy
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Human Resource Development
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Risk Management
| Course Schedule
|Fall 2013 (Please, note that costs are subject to change.)
|Professional Human Resource Certificate Program
| Registration details (Registration is not currently open!)
Note: Students must have two years of human resource experience to register for the SHRM Learning System.
Note: Registrations for the SHRM course will be accepted until two weeks prior to the beginning of the class. This ensures that the SHRM packet will be available for all registrants on the first night of class.
Course Investment: (See Schedule above for course cost)
* Registration costs cover instruction and SHRM packet.
- Fax Registration: Download, print, and fax this completed SHRM Registration Form (PDF) and SHRM Pre-Class Survey, including credit card payment information, to: (860) 465-0062 .
- Mail Registration: Download, print, and complete SHRM Registration Form (PDF) and SHRM Pre-Class Survey, and mail with check or money order to:
Eastern Connecticut State University
School of Continuing Education
Attn: Marie Hoffman
83 Windham St.
Willimantic, CT 06226.
PHR and SPHR Exam Eligibility
- 1 year of demonstrated professional (exempt-level) HR experience with a master's degree or higher
- 2 years of demonstrated professional (exempt-level) HR experience with a bachelor's degree
- 4 years of demonstrated professional (exempt-level) HR experience with less than a bachelor's degree
- 4 years of demonstrated professional (exempt-level) HR experience with a master's degree or higher
- 5 years of demonstrated professional (exempt-level) HR experience with a bachelor's degree
- 7 years of demonstrated professional (exempt-level) HR experience with less than a bachelor's degree
For complete details regarding exam certification, visit www.HRCI.org and download the Certification Handbook.
Contact Information for PHR and SPHR Exam Registration
At the conclusion of each SHRM course, participants will receive a personal certificate. Please note: Tuition does not cover registration for the PHR or SPHR examination. To register for the exam, please call HRCI at 1-800-283-7476 or visit their website at www.hrci.org. For more information on the SHRM program please email Marie Hoffman at Hoffmanm@easternct.edu.
A SHRM Pre-Class Survey must be completed before registering for any SHRM course. Download the Pre-Class Survey form, complete and then fax or email to Marie Hoffman. Fax: 860-465-0062
SHRM Pre-Class Survey
SHRM Registration Form (PDF) Coming Soon!