Eastern Students and Faculty in Jamaica-Spring 2011,
some called this trip "Life changing"
$1,850.00 plus incidentals (approximately $250.00)
March 17, 2012- March 24, 2012, plus additional class meetings and assignments.
For more information please contact:
Dr. Robert Wolf
(860)-465-4622 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hanover, Jamaica is in a majour tourist area and the crime rate is low. Water is safe to drink and U.S. electrical devices work.
- You will visit a family court, an orphanage, a pre-school, a high school sex education class and participate in planning for community change in rural Jamaica, perhaps helping to conduct a community survey.
- We'll stay in Montego Bay our first and last nights and at Global Villa in Lucea, a guest house for Jamaicans, the other nights.
- Sightsee at Rick's Cafe and Bloody Bay in Negril and the Hip Strip in MoBay. Options inlude a swim with the dolphins in Lucea and Bull's Bear near Global Villa (The bull is gone!).
- Why this trip? Learning about Jamaica is important and experiencing another country close-up is very valuable. Human needs may be the same everywhere, but organizing to meet those needs varies from country to country.
- Get to know your fellow social work students better!