Windham High Incentive Program (WHIP)
- Participants must be recommended by high school instructors, guidance counselors, or principals.
- Participants must be in the top 30% of their class.
- Only students with Junior or Senior Status may participate.
- Eligible students must first complete a WHIP Pre-Registration Form 53116, have it signed by their guidance counselor, and sent it to the Office of Continuing Studies & Enhanced Learning (CSEL) prior to meeting with Arielle Rose for registration.
- Students must contact CSEL to schedule an appointment with Arielle Rose for advising and course registration. During this meeting, students will finalize their course registration by completing the Part-time Registration Form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office in Wood Support Services.
- WHIP participants may not register until all new ECSU freshmen and transfer students have registered. WHIP registration begins August 23, 2017 for Fall 2017.
- High school WHIP Coordinators and Guidance Counselors who wish to arrange a group advising and registration session for their students may do so by contacting Arielle Rose.
Windham High School (10)
Windham Regional Vocational Technical School (10)
Arts at the Capitol Theater (ACT) Performing Arts Magnet School (10)
Parish Hill High School (5)
Lyman High School (5)
Rockville High School (5)
RHAM High School (5)
Coventry High School (5)
- A maximum of 6 credits may be taken through the WHIP program in any one semester (including summer).
- Students may NOT participate in the summer following their high school graduation.
- Students must have a valid photo ID to register (i.e. driver’s license, school ID, etc).
Home-Schooled Student Eligibility
Please view the policy on Gifted High School Students Taking University Courses
For more information contact:
Office of Continuing Studies and Enhanced Learning
Eastern Connecticut State University
Wood Support Services, Room 100B
Britt Rothauser at firstname.lastname@example.org