Orientation – Student ID

Student ID Card

Your student ID card is vital, as it is also your library card and your meal plan card. Even if you are a commuting student you can choose a meal plan and/or have an “Expre$$ Cash” account” which has a variety of uses.

Step 1

Get your Student ID Card at Alvin B. Wood Support Services Center, Second Floor, (860) 465-5060

Photos are taken at the Card Services Office located on the second floor in the Alvin B. Wood Support Services Center, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. A photo ID (driver’s license or passport) is required. Students should also present their course schedule.

New students can obtain their University ID after registering for classes.

Adding money to your card for purchases can also be done at this time.

Step 2

Students may deposit money into an EASTERN EXPRE$$ CARD account on their University ID. This money can be used to make purchases on and off campus. EXPRE$$ CASH can be used at Card Services, Health Services, Student Activities Office, Harry Hope Theatre, Eastern Bookstore, Library Café, Closet Café, Hurley Hall, Student Center Food Court, and the J. Eugene Smith Library.

EXPRE$$ CASH can also be used in laundry machines, vending machines and to make purchases at participating off-campus merchants.

Additional information can be found in the EASTERN EXPRE$$/Campus Dining Brochure available at Card Services and online at http://www.easternct.edu/cardservices/. The Card Services Office can be contacted at (860) 465-5060 or (800) 631-2070. The Card Services Office is located in the Alvin B. Wood Support Services Center, 2nd floor. The office is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

University Card Policy

All students, faculty and staff members are required to carry a current, valid University identification card. University ID cards must be presented for Meal Plan access, EXPRE$$ CASH and Dining Dollar purchases. They are also required in order to use the Sports Center facilities and computer labs and to check out material from the library.

Lost or stolen ID cards can be disabled to prevent misuse by reporting it to the Card Services Office at ext. 55060 during business hours; to University Police at ext. 55310 holidays, nights and weekends; or through the Online Card Office at http://www.easternct.edu/cardservices/.

Replacement and temporary ID cards are issued at the Card Services Office in the Alvin B. Wood Support Services Center from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

A fee is charged for temporary and replacement University ID cards.

« Back to Quick Orientation