Documents, Forms & Instructions
Process for a student to apply for a Global Field Course
To confirm a spot in a Global Field Course trip there are three steps to complete. It is very important that you complete the first two steps by the deadline date that the faculty member in charge will give to you.
- Complete the Student Commitment Form and the Judicial/Disciplinary Approval Form, and bring them to the Office of Continuing Studies and Enhanced Learning in Wood SSC, Room 100L. (Attach 2 color copies of your passport(s) or passport application and a copy of your school transcript to these forms.)
- Make your first deposit at the Bursar’s Office.
Directions on how to make a Global Field Course Deposit.
Credit Card Authorization Form.
- The following forms/items must be completed and turned in two months prior to the departure date of you trip.
- Statement of Responsibility, Release, Indemnification, and Authorization to Participate in an International Study Program-2016
- Student Application Form (Must be Notarized)
- Guidelines for Student Rights and Responsibilities and Judicial Procedures Agreement and Release
- Release of Liability and User Indemnity Agreement for Extra Curricular Travel During a Global Field Course
- Statement of Fitness Declaration (Must be completed and signed by student’s Primary Care Physician or a doctor at Eastern’s Health Services.)
- Medical History Form (Must be completed and signed by student’s Primary Care Physician or a doctor at Eastern’s Health Services.)
All forms listed above need to be completed and submitted to
The Office of Continuing Studies and Enhanced Learning
Wood SSC, Room 100L
Attn: Dr. Indira Petoskey
Additional Information for Students About Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Form and Student Financial Awards Fliers for GFC Courses including Spain
- The Tammy E. Schaeffer Memorial Endowed Scholarship Winter 2016 – Fall 2017 (for students planning on studying abroad in a Spanish speaking country)
- Student Financial Awards – Winter 2018, Spring 2018, Summer 2018 (Winter 2018 deadline is Oct. 15, 2017)
- Global Citizenship Award Letter Template
Register so the State Department can better assist you in an emergency
Register your travel plans with the State Department through a free online service at https://travelregistration.state.gov. This will help us contact you if there is a family emergency in the U.S., or if there is a crisis where you are traveling. In accordance with the Privacy Act, information on your welfare and whereabouts will not be released to others without your express authorization.
For the Faculty
- Faculty Checklist for Global Field Course paperwork
- Global Field Course Proposal Form
Please, type in, tab to the next line to type, and save as a different name, then return completed form to Assist. Dean Indira Petoskey.
- GFC Budget Worksheet for Faculty
- How does a student pay for the Global Field Course
- What to bring