E-WEB: Eastern’s Online Services Web for Student
This document covers the following topics.
Login to E-Web
Enter a Security Question
Student Services / Personal Information (overview)
Entering Your Email Address
Entering Your Emergency Contact Information
Add / Drop Classes
Class Search within Registration
Click Class Schedule to search course offerings and open seats by term. Select the Term and Click Submit.
- You may choose any combination of fields to narrow your search.
- Select up to three Subjects (hold down the Ctrl key and click your selections) or enter one 3-character Subject Code (optional).
- Enter Course Number (optional). To Search for all 100 level courses enter 1%, for 200 level enter 2%, etc.
- Select a Part of Term, Instructor, and/or GER. (optional)
- Enter the Start Time to search for courses that begin at or after the time entered. (Optional)
- Enter the End Time to selected courses that end at or before the time entered. (Optional)
- Select the Days the class meets (optional)
- Click “Class Search”.
You have been assigned an 8-digit Eastern ID. Your PIN is initially set to your date of birth in the format mmddyy. For example, if your date of birth is January 4, 1962, your PIN is 010462. The first time you login, you will be prompted to change your PIN. Your new PIN must be six numeric digits.
If you need assistance, please call the Help Desk at 860-465-4346.
Enter a Security Question
You will be prompted to enter a security question. If you forget your PIN, this will enable you to reset your PIN and gain access to your information.
Student Services and Personal Information:
After logging into the secured area of E-Web, you will be presented with two areas of service. Student Services and Personal Information. To enter, click Personal Information or Student Services.
- Personal Information includes viewing the address the university has on file for you. If the address is incorrect, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
- You can enter the name, address, and phone number of the person who should be contacted in case of emergency. It is the student’s responsibility to insure that their emergency contact information is up-to-date.
- You may also enter your e-mail address. We encourage students to maintain up to date e-mail information so that it will be available to instructors on class rosters and other reports.
Update E-Mail Address(es)
We are requesting students enter their e-mail address(es) and maintain as necessary.
Under Personal Information, click Update E-mail Address(es).
- Select the Type of E-mail address you will be entering from the drop down list.
- Click “Submit”.
- Type your e-mail address.
- Check the preferred e-mail box. If entering multiple addresses, you will only select one as your preferred.
- Click “Submit”.
- To return to the menu, click the Personal Information link at the top of the page.
Entering Emergency Contact Information:
It is the student’s responsibility to maintain up-to-date emergency contact information.
From the Personal Information menu, click “Emergency Contacts” (View/Update).
Click “New Contact”.
Choose the relationship of the contact to yourself from the drop down list.
Enter all of the information and click “Submit Changes”.
Once a contact is entered, click on the Name to update. You may want to add more than one contact. You can add a second contact for the same person to submit their work/daytime address/phone number.
Example of multiple contacts for one person:
Add or Drop Classes:
During the Fall and Spring terms, full-time undergraduate students will be prompted for their Registration Access Code. This code is obtained from your advisor. The advisor will give you a Registration Information Card with your Registration Appointment Date and Registration Access Code. Enter the code and click Submit. You will only need to enter this code once per term.
After entering your Registration Access Code, the “Add and Drop” Worksheet is opened.
If there are errors with your registration, you will receive “Registration Errors”.
Possible errors include, but are not limited to:
- Closed Section
- Time Conflict
- Pre-Requisite or Test Score not met
- Co-Requisite Needed
- Duplicate CRN
- Level Restriction (example: Undergraduate student attempting to register for a Graduate Level course)
- Maximum Hours Exceeded (example: Part time student attempting to register for more than 11.99 credits)
- CRN does not exist
Class Search within Registration:
Class Search within Registration works the same as in the non-secure area except you can register directly from the results or add courses to your Add/Drop Worksheet from the results. (See Sample Results below).
Registration Status lists the date you are eligible to register for the selected term, your advisor, registration hold alert, academic standing, student status, and degree/major information.
If you have holds which prevent registration, click the View Holds link at the bottom of the page for more information. (Sample Hold below).
Click Advisor Information for your Primary Advisor’s information including Name, Department, Building & Room Number, Phone Number, and Email address.
Logout: Exiting Web for Student
It is very important to remember to exit and close your browser. Click EXIT in the upper right corner of your screen.