Dual Enrollment for Teachers

Dual Enrollment for Teachers

Eastern Connecticut State University’s Dual Enrollment Program serves over 300 students at 5 area high schools. Dual Enrollment courses are a great way for high school students to get a jump start on earning college credits in areas such as Mathematics, Sciences, Communications, Computer Science, Economics and many more.

How to get started:

Please contact the Dual Enrollment Program Coordinator, Britt Rothauser, at (860) 465-5250 or email at rothauserb@easternct.edu.

Instructor Approval Application 110117

Frequently Asked Questions

My school already offers ECSU Dual Enrollment courses, how do I become a certified instructor?

Please fill out the Instructor Approval Application and supply the supporting documentation listed on the application. Submit as soon as possible for approval to teach in the upcoming academic year. Please request applications by emailing Britt Rothauser at rothauserb@easternct.edu as it can take several weeks for approval. Master’s degree in the subject area applying to teach in is preferred, instructors must be up to the standards of an adjunct faculty member, and the final decision is made by the department chair.

What courses are available/ how do I get a course approved?

Our most commonly offered courses are Math for Liberal Arts, Calculus I and Human Biology Lecture/Lab but don’t stop there! Eastern offers many 100 and 200 level courses that have the ability to be approved for college credit. The best place to start is to look through Eastern’s course catalog and see which courses you already offer that can be easily adapted. You can access Eastern’s course catalog by department here https://ssb-prod.ec.easternct.edu/PROD/bwskfcls.p_termsel. Select the department you are qualified to teach for and then select Course Descriptions on the left. Once you have found a course that you would like to teach, please submit a course description and your planned syllabi with your Instructor Application. High school course titles must match the ECSU course title.

Do students have to attend ECSU after high school to keep their credits?

Students taking ECSU credit courses during high school are welcomed at Eastern. Most other colleges and universities will accept Concurrent Courses as transfer credit; students will have an official Eastern transcript upon successful completion of a course. While Eastern cannot guarantee that all colleges and universities will accept ECSU Concurrent credit (acceptance is determined by each institution), here are some guidelines for students to follow if they are thinking of transferring Eastern Concurrent courses to another university:

  1. Save course syllabi
  2. Request an official Eastern transcript upon the completion of their course
  3. The student should contact the school they are thinking of attending directly and talk about the possibility of transferring Concurrent credit and/or what they need to do for credit to be accepted.