What are DSST Exams?
DSST exams were developed for military personnel but are now open to the general public. Exams are offered in a variety of areas including various aspects of business, subjects within social sciences, physical science, and humanities as well as foreign languages. Eastern’s Score Recipient Code is 3966.
What are some of the advantages of taking DSST exams?
- Test out of courses.
- Get credit for what you already know.
- Shorten the time to a degree.
- Save tuition dollars, if passed, and gives you 3 college credits!
Exams are given at Eastern’s Groton Center once a month. Contact the Office of Continuing Studies and Enhanced Learning at 465-5125 or stop by the Continuing Studies and Enhanced Learning office in the Wood Support Services Center, Room 100L (Main Campus – Willimantic, CT) to pick up a DSST packet.
Groton DSST Test Center #9533
Due to the administration of DSST exams on computers, there are a limited number of spaces available for each test date. You are advised to register as early as possible.
- Complete the Registration Form.
- Return it with a check, money order, or credit card (Eastern accepts only MasterCard, Visa, and Discover for DSST registration fee), made payable to “ECSU” for a non-refundable registration fee of $40.00 for an Eastern student and $60.00 for a non-Eastern student. There is a surcharge for returned checks.
- DSST exam fee is $80.00, payable on the day of the exam by credit card only. (DSST accepts only MasterCard, Visa, and American Express).
- After your application is received, a letter confirming the date and time will be emailed to you.
Please Note: If you do not receive a score on the DSST test that will enable you to obtain credit for the course you must wait three months (90 days) in order to retake the same test.
You will be allowed to reschedule only ONCE for the next available date. Failure to reschedule and/or appear for your scheduled test will require you to re-register and again pay the non-refundable registration fee. The deadline for rescheduling your exam is TWO WEEKS before the examination date. The office wants to be able to offer your space to another student if you decide to reschedule.
You may register for only one DSST exam per test date. Please call us at (860) 465-5125 or toll-free (877) 353-3278 with any questions.
Mail application and payment to
Office of Continuing Studies and Enhanced Learning
Eastern Connecticut State University
83 Windham Street
Wood Support Services Center, Room 100L
Willimantic, CT 06226-2295
If paying by credit card, you may fax both the registration form and the credit card authorization form to (860) 465-0062
Visit the DSST website at http://www.getcollegecredit.com