What is CLEP?
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is the College Board’s national testing for college credit program. CLEP exams are 90-minute multiple choice tests for which you can earn college credits at Eastern and many other schools. CLEP exams are available in English composition, mathematics, social sciences and history, natural sciences, humanities, marketing, management, sociology, child psychology, foreign languages, and other subjects.
What are some of the advantages of taking and passing CLEP exams? You can
- Test out of courses
- Get credit for what you already know
- Shorten the time to a degree
- Save tuition dollars!
CLEP Equivalent Credits and Scores 5-10-17
This list includes Eastern’s equivalent course(s) numbers.
This is the list of current CLEP Exam Dates.
The study guides for the most popular CLEP exams are now available at the Eastern Bookstore.
The following is the instruction sheet for taking the Free Practice Tests, which are available to all Eastern students and students registering to take the tests through Eastern. Follow the directions on the sheet. Instructions for How to Access Free CLEP and DSST Practice Tests
Eastern’s Score Recipient Code is #3966
While Eastern administers the CLEP exams on campus, you must still indicate Eastern’s Recipient Code when registering so that your scores are sent to the Registrar’s Office.
To register for a CLEP exam you must:
- Complete the pre-registration process online at https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount. The CLEP exam fee is $80.00 payable online via MyAccount in the pre-registration process. Be sure the name on your ID EXACTLY matches the name you provide College Board with in the pre-registration process or you will not be permitted to take the exam.
- Complete the CLEP Registration Form 032117 in ink.
- Return it with a credit card, check or money order made payable to ECSU for a non-refundable registration fee of $40.00 for an Eastern student and $60.00 for a Non-Eastern student. There is a surcharge for any returned checks.
After your application is received, an email confirming the date, time and location will be sent to you.
You will be allowed to reschedule only ONCE for the next available date. Failure to reschedule and/or appear for your scheduled test will require you to re-register and again pay the non-refundable registration fee. The deadline for rescheduling your exam is TWO WEEKS before the examination date. The office wants to be able to offer your space to another student if you decide to reschedule.
Please Note: If you do not pass the CLEP exam you must wait three months in order to retake the same exam.
Mail application and payment to:
CLEP Administrator, Office of Continuing Studies
Eastern Connecticut State University
83 Windham Street
Willimantic, CT 06226-2295
You may register for only one CLEP exam per test date. For more CLEP information please visit the CLEP website at www.collegeboard.com or call (800)-257-9558.