Spain See for Scholarship for Spain
SUMMER STUDY IN ALICANTE, SPAIN
May 27 - June 25, 2011 (See Flyer for Contact Information)
The total cost of the program is approximately $4000* (exchange rate between USA $ and EU Euro, subject to fluctuations) which includes:
- Airfare: Boston - Alicante - Boston
- Room and board with a host family and three meals per day
- Tuition for up to 6 credits & required textbooks.
- Intensive courses in language, literature and culture
- Immersion in Spain's Social life, culture, and regional customs
- Guided tours of Alicante and nearby sites
- No previous knowledge of Spanish is required!
Provides an intensive four-week, twenty hours per week program of formal study, and opportunity for an experience of total immersion in Spain's social life, culture and regional customs, in one of its best Mediterranean provinces. Alicante is located on a beautiful bay, at the center of the Costa Blanca, a major seashore resort with a rich and diverse cultural life. No previous knowledge of Spanish is required. Upon arrival in Alicante, students undergo a two-day session of cultural and academic orientation which includes a placement test. Classes are small--about eight students--and taught by the faculty at the host institution, Colegio Internacional, Instituto de Estudios Hispanicos. Departmental approval needed for registration. Limited space.
*tentative dates and price, subject to change
The course that goes with this trip is SPA 365: Selected Topics in Language, Literature, and Culture. Please, call 860-465-0207 with any questions or if you are interested in going on this Global Field Course.
Pictures below of our 2008 Summer Study in Spain