Global Field Course in Nepal in the Summer!
View the course overview PDF here!
Dates: May 14- 25, 2012
Total Cost: $3,200 (not including tuition)
Itinerary currently being developed.
Course: PSY 460 Comparative Health Psychology
For More Information Contact:
Carlos Escoto, Ph.D.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Located between India and China, Nepal is approximately the size of Arkansas.
- Nepal has 1/3 of the Himalayas within its boundaries, including eight of the world's tallest mountains.
- The republic of Nepal’s health care system is predominately government funded but suffers from a lack of technology, hospitals and trained health care professionals.
- Key health concerns in Nepal are maternal healthcare, immunizations, prevention of malaria, encephalitis, and HIV/AIDS.
- You will visit a hospital, a free health clinic, a shelter, the Ayurvedic clinic, a high school and a psychiatric hospital.
- Sightsee in Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Pokhara and Dhulikhel and learn about
health from a psychological, sociological, and educational point of view.