Click here or hit the Enter key on your keyboard to go to our Text Only Site. Eastern's Mission   Search  
School of
Continuing Education
Text Only Version
Eastern's Home Page
Global Field Courses





A valid passport is required for all Global Field Courses.  If you don’t have one, please, obtain one.  The following link will provide the information necessary in applying or renewing a U.S. passport.

Be sure and check your expiration date on your passport.  The expiration date of your passport should be at least six months before the intended date of return travel.  If you will be traveling on a foreign passport, contact your country’s nearest consulate or embassy to obtain information on replacing or renewing your passport.  For a list of foreign embassies and consulates in the US, please, visit:


In some cases U.S. citizens may be required to obtain a visa to travel to a Global Field Course destination.  Please, contact the embassy of that country for directions. 

Global Field Course participants traveling on passports issued by countries other than the U.S. are responsible for determining if a visa is required for their destination and applying in a timely manner for that visa.

For Safety Sake:

Always confer with your Global Field Course professor and/or guide.

Make two sets of photocopies of your passport, plane ticket, credit card numbers, prescriptions, and other vital documents.  Take one set of copies with you and keep separate from the originals.  Leave the other set in the US. 

Carry two extra passport pictures separately from your passport, a copy of your passport, and a certified copy (not the original) of your birth certificate or an expired passport.   

If the passport is lost, report the loss to the local police, get written confirmation of the police report, and take your above documents to the nearest U.S. consulate and apply for a new passport.