Fall 2017 Program and Events Information
Students should register on eWeb. Please use the Registration tab under the Volunteer with Us menu or under any program section.
This section of our website is loaded with a variety of media content – so please allow time for navigating pages and viewing. Thank you.
*ORIENTATION ADVISORY FOR ALL PROGRAMS
The CCE orientation process is short and simple – with only three required steps:
- Please read the program information and watch the video, if available. Most programs have videos.
- Review the CCE PowerPoint at the bottom of each program section – use the pop-out option in the right corner of the pdf. Close when you are done to return to the CCE orientation page.
- Take the CCE quiz – click on the link below the PowerPoint and you will transfer to the Eastern Surveys page to complete the quiz. Click at the bottom when “done” to exit. You are all done, welcome aboard!
Community Programs occur on a weekly basis and are developed based upon the need of the organization and its clients. Volunteers are expected to commit to specific times and days and engage consistently throughout the semester.
- Browse Community Programs
- Contact staff for assistance with program selection
- Service-Learning/Community Based Courses
- Leadership Opportunities with Community Programs
Special events are one-time events created around a specific issue or need in the community. There are many opportunities throughout the year to participate in a special event. Volunteers must pre-register on eweb.
STUDENT VOLUNTEER GUIDE AVAILABLE
Volunteering has an invaluable impact on local and global communities. In 2013, 62.6 million Americans contributed 7.7 billion hours of volunteer service, worth $173 billion. For college students preparing to enter the workforce, volunteering offers not only a community benefit but a character-building and networking opportunity as well.
To provide a resource for students interested in volunteering we are sharing a valuable guide with tips and resources from OnlineSchools in Seattle. It will help you plan and prepare to make the most of this great opportunity to merge learning and personal development with community service. Remember CCE works with 35 area partner organizations and schools, so there are many ways you can connect in our region. Contact us to learn how you can join our family!
The link for the guide Student Volunteer Guide