Frequently Asked Questions about the Eastern EXPRE$$ CARD

Eastern EXPRE$$ CARD FAQ’s


About the Card

Money associated with the EXPRE$$ CARD (a.k.a. EXPRE$$ CASH)

What is the Eastern EXPRE$$ CARD ID?

The Eastern EXPRE$$ CARD ID is your primary University identification card, mandatory for all students, staff and faculty. In addition, the Eastern EXPRE$$ CARD ID provides access to the meal plans, computer labs, and also functions as your library card. The card also contains your unique fourteen-digit identification number.

Back to Top

Why do I need an Eastern EXPRE$$ CARD ID?

In addition to being your official University ID (required for all students, faculty and staff) the Eastern EXPRE$$ CARD ID has additional benefits:

  • Access to Meal Plans
  • Campus Debit Card – use your EXPRE$$ CARD at the following on-campus locations:
    • Bookstore
    • Copy Machines
    • Dining Services
    • Health Services
    • Laundry Machines
    • Fitness Center
    • Printers
    • Sports Center Gym
    • Student Center
    • Vending Machines
    • Off-Campus Merchant Locations

Back to Top

How do I get an Eastern EXPRE$$ CARD ID?

Visit the Card Services Office, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Eastern Connecticut State University, Wood Support Services Center, 2nd Floor, Room 228.  Hats and sunglasses are prohibited in the photo IDs.

Bring the following with you: Proof of registration at Eastern (copy of class schedule) and a Photo Identification Card (driver’s license, passport, military ID).

Back to Top

Do Faculty/Staff need an Eastern EXPRE$$ CARD ID?

Yes, the Eastern EXPRE$$ CARD ID is an ID card for all students, faculty and staff, and therefore everyone needs one in order to receive campus benefits.  You may need the card to access certain locations or offices or when using the library.

Back to Top

What should I do if my card is lost/stolen or damaged?

If your card is damaged simply bring the damaged card to the Eastern Card Services Office to receive a replacement card (a replacement fee may be assessed).

If your card is lost or stolen, you must deactivate your card online (Instructions found HERE) or report the card lost/stolen by calling the University Card Services Office at 860-465-5060 during regular business hours (9am – 4pm, Monday-Friday). After hours deactivate your EXPRE$$ CARD Online. By deactivating your card online it will place a hold on your card’s account to prevent misuse of the EXPRE$$ CASH on the card. A $10 replacement fee is assessed for lost/stolen replacement cards. Click here for more information about lost cards.

Back to Top

If I pay for a replacement EXPRE$$ CARD ID and find my old card/ID, can I get my money back?

No. If you do find an old card the Card Services office can re-encode it for a fee. No refunds for previous cards will be issued.

Back to Top

Where is the University EXPRE$$ CARD Office?

The EXPRE$$ CARD is administered by the Card Services Office.  The Card Services Office is located in the Wood Support Services Center – 2nd Floor.  Hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 4pm.

Back to Top

How do I put money on my EXPRE$$ CARD?

You can add money to your EXPRE$$ CARD a couple of ways:

        • Fastest and most convenient is Online on a computer – Click HERE
        • Use your Mobile Device to deposit money after your initial deposit online.  More information found HERE.
  • Cash deposits can be made through the Cash to Card Machines located in the copy area at the J. Eugene Smith Library and in alcove by the Information Desk at the Student Center.
  • In person at the Card Services Office with check or money order.
  • Check Deposits:
    • Make checks payable to Eastern Connecticut State University
    • Include Eastern ID # and EXPRE$$ CASH in the memo field
    • Mail to the Card Services Office, 83 Windham Street, Willimantic, CT 06226

Back to Top

Can someone else put money on my EXPRE$$ CARD for me?

Yes!  Parents, family or friends—anyone can add funds to your EXPRE$$ CARD ID. Additional funds can be added to the EXPRE$$ CARD the following ways:

  • MasterCard, Visa and Discover debit or credit card deposits can be made by using the Online Card Office Guest Deposit Portal – Instructions and Online link can be found here.
  • Check and money order deposits can be made in person at the Card Services Office, Wood Support Services Center, 2nd Floor or by sending them to the Card Services Office, 83 Windham Street, Willimantic, CT 06226.


Back to Top

What are Dining Dollars?

Dining Dollars are funds that are placed on the Eastern EXPRE$$ CARD. They are part of all Meal Plans and can be used for food purchases on campus at the following locations:

  • Food Court in the Student Center
  • Hurley Food Court in Hurley Hall
  • Library Cafe in J. Eugene Smith Library
  • Shafer Café in Shafer Hall

More information can be found about Dining Dollars here.

Back to Top

What is the difference between Dining Dollars, Meal Plans, and EXPRE$$ CASH?

Dining Dollars are funds that are placed on your EXPRE$$ CARD and can only be used at on-campus food services locations (Student Center Food Court, Hurley Hall, Library Café and Shafer Café).  Dining Dollars cannot be used at vending machines, the bookstore or at off-campus merchants.  Meal Plans are a declining balance meal plan for students living on campus in certain residence halls. It is put on your EXPRE$$ CARD and can only be used at Hurley Hall.  EXPRE$$ CASH is an optional separate account on your EXPRE$$ CARD that functions as an on-campus debit card.
More information about Dining Dollars can be found here.
More information about Meal Plans can be found here.
More information about the Eastern EXPRE$$ CARD and where you can use it can be found here.

Back to Top

Can I use excess financial aid to add money to my card?

You can use extra Financial Aid money to add to your EXPRE$$ CARD as well. Once the Financial Aid has been applied and the student is issued a credit on the bill, that credit can be put towards adding EXPRE$$ CASH to your card.  If a check is cut it can be signed over to Card Services to add to your EXPRE$$ CARD.

Back to Top

Where is EXPRE$$ CASH accepeted?

EXPRE$$ CASH is accepted all over campus at the bookstore, laundry, library, food services, vending, copy and print machines, etc. and also at the off-campus merchants.

More information about On campus locations can be found here.
More information about Off-campus merchants can be found here.

Back to Top

Can I get a refund of the money on my EXPRE$$ CARD?

Please see our Terms and Conditions regarding refunding unspent EXPRE$$ CASH upon graduation or separation from the University.

Click here to complete the EXPRE$$ CARD Account Refund form.

Back to Top

How can I check my EXPRE$$ CARD account balance?

You can manage your account online by using the EXPRE$$ CARD web-portal or eAccounts mobile device app. There you can view your profile, update your information, deactivate and activate your card, check your balance, see your transactions, and much more.

More information about checking your EXPRE$$ CARD balance online can be found here.

Back to Top