Transfer Reference Sheet Tutorial
- Save the file in the attachment in the desired location.
- After saving the file, make back-up copy of this file.
- Open one of the files.
- Enter the student’s ID in the designated area (light orange cell) on the “Transfers” worksheet of the MS Excel workbook and press enter.
- Once the Student ID has been entered, the student’s information will populate the MS Excel “Transfers” worksheet and “Back Side” worksheet.
- Near the bottom of the screen, click the worksheet titled “Back Side”.
- The “Back Side” worksheet lets you review the student’s transfer courses, LAC course credits, and LAC categories satisfied as indicated by having a course name, waived with a message, or eligible to take indicated by a green category heading, or not eligible yet to will be taken. Yellow LAC category headings refer to First-Year Foundational LAC categories that must be completed within a student’s first 30 credits at Eastern.Note: light olive green cells are open for entering of data or for selecting from drop-down lists. The bottom right area of this page is used for special advising notes to the student.
- Now click on the “Transfers” worksheet tab at the bottom of the screen, this will bring you back to the original front side of the “Transfer Reference Sheet”.
- Now you can suggest courses the student should take in the upcoming semester in the “Suggested Courses” section. The following criteria will be entered:
- Select the intended “Use” of the course – MAJ1 for a course in a student’s first major, MIN1 for a course in a student’s first minor, or the LAC category.
- Subject Code – For majors or minors select the desired subject code of the major/minor to take from the drop-down.
- Course # – for the “Course #” cell, select the course number from the drop-down.
- Course title – You may either 1) select a course from the drop-down list. 2) manually enter a course title, course subject code, and course number, or if you entered a subject code for a course in the other columns, scroll up slightly to select the title of the entered subject code and course number.
- Pick Ranks – Assign a rank number for each suggested courses. 1 for most important courses for students to take, 2 for moderately important to take, and 3 for low importance for students to take in their first semester at Eastern.
Note: Courses that a student has transferred to Eastern will not appear in the drop down lists.
- After all courses have been suggested, save the file with a file name of StudentLastName_FirstName.
- All of these Transfer Reference sheets can be printed from a single worksheet by clicking on the page titled “PrintSheet” at the bottom of the screen, and then clicking File – Print.
- E-mail the saved student transfer files to Christine Guarnieri (Guarnieric@easternct.edu) in the Advising Center.