Text Only Version
Dr. Chiaku Chukwuogor
Ph.D. (Finance) 1987, University of Nigeria
M.B.A. (Finance), 1982, University of Nigeria
B.Sc. Accountancy, 1974, University of Nigeria
Dr. Chukwuogor has had an active academic and professional life. She was the head of Department of Finance and Banking of Enugu State
University of Science and Technology, Nigeria, in 1990. She was a member of the Nigerian National Finance Committee that introduced
Value Added Tax in Nigeria in 1992. Her consultancy firm, Chiaku Ndu Consultants of which she was Principal Consultant and Chief
Executive, in conjunction with the Institute of Tax Administration California, in 1993 trained the first operators of Value Added Tax
in Nigeria. She has more than 60 conference presentations and more than 20 peer reviewed articles published in local and international
journals. Prior to coming to Eastern Connecticut State University, she held the position of Associate Professor in Finance in the
Department of Business at the University of Natal, South Africa. Professor Chukwuogor’s over twenty years tertiary academic experience
and more than fifteen years combined corporate, treasury and consultancy experience, not to mention international experience that
spans across 3 continents of the world (Africa, Europe and North America) enables her bring a rich different perspective in the class
room, providing an exciting learning experience. Currently, Professor Chukwuogor is the President of the International Academy of
Business and Technology (IABT), Editor of the African Journal of Accounting, Economics, Finance and Banking Research and Managing
Editor of the following journals: the North American Journal of Finance and Banking Research, the Asia Pacific Journal of Finance and
Banking Research, the European Journal of Finance and Banking Research, the Global Journal of Finance and Banking Issues and the Global
Journal of International Business Research. She was Program Chair of the 2006 International Academy of Business and Technology (IABT)
conference, http://www.interabt.org. She was Program Committee member of the 2004 Midwest Finance Association conference and Program
Chair of Eastern’s Contemporary African Issues conference in 2001, Program Chair of Conference on Managing Local Government Resources
in Nigeria, Program Chair of National Conference on the Role of Finance and Banking in a depressed Economy, Enugu State University of
Science and Technology, Enugu, Nigeria, 1990. She participated in the 21st Anniversary of the Oxford Round Table conference, Oxford
University, United Kingdom ,in August 2008. She is an active member of many professional associations.
International Finance, Bank Management, Real Estate Finance, Financial Institutions and Business Finance
International Financial Economics, Corporate Finance and Banking
- An Econometric Analysis of African Stock Market Annual Returns Analysis, Day-of-the-Week Effect and Volatility of Returns, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, Issue 14, 2008.
- Stock Markets Returns and Volatilities: A Global Comparison, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, Issue 15, 2008.
- Mortgage Refinancing Activity: An Explanation [1994-2001], with Jill Wetmore, the Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 2004.
- Day-of-the-week Effect and Volatility in Stock Returns: Evidence from East Asian Financial Markets, International Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 5, August-September, 2007, ISSN 1675-7227, pp.153-164.
- An Econometric Investigation of the day-of-the-week Effect and Returns Volatility in Asia Pacific Financial Markets International Journal Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, with Feridun M., Vol. 6. 2006.
- Post Asian Financial crisis Day-of-the week Effect and Volatility in Stock Returns: Evidence from East Asian Financial Markets, the European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences, 2005.
- Day-of-the-week Effect, Volatility, and Linkages to Macro-economic Indicators: Evidence from North American Financial Markets, 1997-2004, European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2005. pgs. 50-64
- Post NAFTA Integration of North American Stock Markets: Implications for Financial Decision Making with Krishna Kasibhatla, North American Journal of Finance and Banking Research (NAJFBR), Vol. 1. No. 1, 2007, pp. 37-53
- Recent Emerging and Developed European Stock Markets Volatility of Returns accepted for publication in the European Journal of Finance and Banking Research, with Mete Feridun, (EJFBR), Vol. 1, No. 1, 2007, pp 28-48.
- Comparative Performance Evaluation of Small, Medium and Large U.S. Commercial Banks with Jill Wetmore, International Research Journal "Banks and Bank Systems”, Vol. 1. Issue 2, 2006.
- Stock Market Returns Analysis, Day-of-the-week Effect, Volatility of Returns: Evidence from European Financial Markets 1997-2004, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, Issue 1, 2006, pgs 111-124.
- Post Asian financial crisis day-f-the-week effect and volatility in stock returns: evidence from Asia Pacific financial markets, European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences, Vol. 3 No 2, 2005, pgs. 1-28
- Stock Market Annual Returns Patterns, Day-of-the-week effect, and Volatility: Evidence from three Latin American Financial Markets, 1997-2004, European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences, Vol. 1. No. 1, 2006.
- Factors contributing to the Categorization of Worst Performing Companies: the case of Protein Design Labs (PDLI) Inc, Contaduria y Administracion Journal, Vol.1, No. 217, 2005 pgs 49-64.
- Is the Survival of Small Commercial Banks Threatened? A Comparative Performance Evaluation of U.S. Commercial Banks: 1997-2002, with Jill Wetmore and David Hutchison, Journal of International Finance and Economics, Vol. 1 No.1, 2005.