Registering for the competition:
Please fill out the registration application form
using the following link to enter your project into
the Innovative Tech Startup Competition
(Applications are due by Wednesday,
November 7, 2012 at midnight).
For further information, please visit the FAQ page.
Poster Display Boards:
You may obtain an poster display board from your college or
Note: Please try not to use a font smaller than 28 points in your display.
- ECSU students, you may pick up your display board from the Department of Business Administration Office in Webb
Hall 423, Phone: 860-465-5265.
- Students attending UCONN, you may pick up your display board in the School of Engineering Castlemen Hall on the third
floor (261 Glenbrook Rd, Storrs CT, 06268). Phone: 860-486-5466.
- Students attending QVCC, you may pick up your display board at the Student Career Services Office at the Danielson campus. Phone: 860-412-7266.
Focus of Your Project:
Your proposal poster should focus on your
technology business startup idea
which you design to succeed in Connecticut mill towns. Your exhibit should concisely provide a brief
overview of your startup business, solutions and
relevant business sector background. The poster
should summarize the innovative solution created by your
business and the challenges you will face as a new
start up organization.
General Poster Guidelines:
Remember to use fonts in your display that are easy to read when standing four feet away (typically 28 point or larger). Pick
background and font colors and styles that are pleasing to the eye as well. Include a conclusion that summarizes the benefits of your startup to its future customers. Include pictures, charts, and graphs that visually explain the
proposal. Be prepared
to step through your proposal for your startup tech
business to event attendees. Feel free to
ask the organizational representatives for their
business cards as they stop by your poster.
Things to Give Representatives of Organizations:
Come prepared with your
business cards and possibly some copies of resumes.
On your business cards, be sure
to have your name, your general academic /
professional background, and your contact
information on your business card.
Thursday November 15, 2012 2:00 to 6:00 PM
- Arrive at Eastern's Smith Library Johnson
Room (LIBRARY 204) by 2:30 PM
- Check in at Student Registration Table
- Pick up name tag and poster tag number and
find assigned poster location (Throughout 2nd Floor of Library)
- Set up display, have business cards available
- Have someone staff your display from
4 PM until 5:30 PM to:
- Answer questions about your startup
- Give out handouts
- Share business cards with interested organizations
- The awards ceremony is at 5:30pm
- Take down display at 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM
If you have any questions:
Please contact the ECSU Department of Business Administration at 860-465-5265 and ask for Dr. Gilson or Dr. Citurs.
See you November 15!