Student Statements about OAS Staff
Fall 2015 Scholarship Applicants
- Personally, the OAS staff made me feel comfortable and I was able to confide in them if I had any concerns or questions.
- The OAS staff are very patient and kind. Every time I walk into the office I feel welcomed and respected.
- I am honestly so grateful for OAS and the wonderful staff that have made my transition here and my disability so much easier to handle!
- Personally, OAS staff help me with a lot of challenges that have come my way. I had the opportunity to meet with someone and talk about school things and personal things which helped me so much. Feeling like I had someone that cared about me help me focus more on school.
Fall 2014 Scholarship Applicants
- The amount of respect I have received at the center and the friendly acceptance I receive when I walk in the door has made a large difference in the way I thought of my diagnosis.
- The staff has always been there for me, even if it was just to answer a question through email. They are prompt and have made my experience at Eastern amazing.
- The Interim Coordinators have been supportive to me personally by comforting me and letting me know that we would find a way to make it through the tough times I have experienced.
- I truly feel that workers at the office care for not only me but the reasons why I am there and how I want to do better as a student.
- They have been discreet which was a huge relief for me because I am very private about my disabilities.
- It is more than just comforting to know that I have someone ‘in my corner,’ ready and willing to fight for me and the things I legally deserve when there is an issue.
- From day one, OAS has been there to work with faculty to ensure that I could continue my education with less difficulty.
- I feel comfortable going to them in my time of need, and I know they are always very understanding of any situation.
- Jennifer Boylan and the former interim director have been supportive to me personally as well by comforting me and letting me know that we would find a way to make it through the tough times I have experienced with my disability.
- I know that I always have the option to head to the office with any problem I might be having regarding my disabilities.
- My OAS advisors and my professors were able to help me succeed every step of the way.
- During my intake meeting they have been very receptive of understanding my needs and potential accommodations to help me succeed.