Requesting Accommodations

Requesting Accommodations

Accommodations may be requested by OAS-registered students. If you are looking to register with the OAS, please see the Steps to Registering With the OAS.

Students who are registered with the OAS must request accommodations each semester. Accommodations do not automatically roll into the next semester because the need for services may change with new courses (or due to changes with the disability).

OAS-registered students should submit an online Service Request Form to request academic accommodations. Students are encouraged to submit the Service Request Form as soon as the student registers for courses. Students will be notified via Eastern email account when Letters of Accommodations are processed or if there is a question/concern regarding the accommodation request.

Please note that current and sufficient documentation must be on file at the OAS in order to request accommodations. If you have a question about the status of your documentation, or if you do not recall which accommodations you have been granted, please email

Each request for accommodations will be reviewed for approval, based on documentation. It is the student’s responsibility to provide the OAS with current documentation. Please note that accommodations are not retroactive.