Registering with the OAS
- Review the Eligibility for Services Statement and the Documentation Guidelines.
- Submit documentation of your disability to the OAS. Documentation can be mailed, emailed, faxed, or dropped off (please see contact information below). If you need to obtain documentation or obtain an updated evaluation, please see our Referral List. Please note that the OAS does not endorse the providers on the Referral List. It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the providers can supply sufficient documentation.
- OAS staff will email you on your Eastern email account once the documentation has been received and reviewed.
- If your documentation is sufficient, OAS staff will schedule an intake appointment with you. Intake appointments usually last between 45 minutes and one hour and consist of completing paperwork and discussing accommodations. During this appointment, an OAS staff member will determine with you which accommodations you will be granted.
- After the intake appointment, you are registered with the OAS. During the course of your college career, you may be asked to submit updated documentation in order to remain registered with the OAS. Please note that students must request accommodations each semester by submitting a Service Request Form; accommodations do not roll over.
The Office of AccessAbility Services
Wood Support Services Building, Room 201
Eastern Connecticut State University
83 Windham Street
Willimantic, CT 06226