The Note-Taker will take quality class notes and share the notes with the OAS, either by emailing them or coming to the OAS so copies can be made. The OAS will then pass on the notes to the OAS-registered student who is in need of notes. Note-Takers are required to submit their notes within 24 hours after each class.
- Hold a 3.0 GPA (if you are a freshman, a 3.0 high school GPA is required)
- Attend a brief training session at the OAS (less than 30 minutes long)
- Complete an online training and provide the training certificate to the OAS
- Maintain excellent class attendance and in the event that you are absent for a class, obtain the notes from a classmate
- Supply the OAS with your class notes within 24 hours after each class
If an OAS-registered student has been granted the accommodation of a Note-Taker, the OAS will attempt to recruit a Note-Taker from within the course. The OAS will email you if your GPA qualifies you as a Note-Taker and if you are in a course that is in need of a Note-Taker. If the OAS is unable to recruit a Note-Taker from within the course, the OAS will seek to recruit a Note-Taker from outside the course.
Note-Takers who are enrolled in the course: $50 on your Eastern Express Card OR 15 Priority Points.
Note-Takers who are not enrolled in the course: $75 on your Eastern Express Card OR 15 Priority Points. Students who have taken the course before or who are in the major will be preferred.
Please contact the OAS with any questions or concerns about the Note-Taking Program or if you are interested in becoming a Note-Taker!
Phone: (860) 465-0189